Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for a Medical AR Accountant for our client located in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for overseeing the facility’s billing departments and ensuring payments are received and processed in a timely manner. This is a full time, temporary position lasting about 2-3 months.
The ideal candidate for this position is detail oriented, highly reliable and exhibits sound knowledge of best practices in accounts receivable accounting.
- Receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling payments.
- Ensure that patients and insurance companies are properly billed for all services.
- Establish payment plans for individuals and work closely with insurance companies for discrepancies or reimbursements.
- Review, reconcile and correct account records ensuring to follow through on any overdue invoices, or issuing refunds when needed.
- Compare system reports to balances and verify entries.
- Collaborate with internal departments and staff to resolve any billing issues.
- Maintain and prepare financial reports, files, and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Keep informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
- Help oversee the facility’s billing department, among other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of Medical AR Accounting or similar experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Peachtree experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.