Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Accountant for our client located in the Portland, TX area. This position will be responsible for managing and monitoring the company’s expenses, processing payments and verifying invoices. This is a full time, temp-to-hire position with an expected schedule of Monday – Friday from 8AM-5PM.
The ideal candidate for this position is detail oriented, highly reliable and exhibits sound knowledge of best practices in account payable accounting.
- Receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Verifying client/vendor accounts, making payments, and resolving purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Monitoring payroll expense claims, including salary advances and overtime payments.
- Enter invoice, check request, and expense reports into the accounts payable system, utilizing the correct general ledger numbers and proper descriptions.
- Compare system reports to balances and verify entries.
- Maintain and prepare financial reports, files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze and interpret relevant financial information.
- Keep informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting, among other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in SAP program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business related filed.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable Accounting or similar experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.