Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for a Class A CDL Driver for our client in Corpus Christi, TX. This position will be responsible for assisting with daily tiedowns and product transportation. The expected schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to lift 50lbs easily and must have strong communication skills to work effectively with coworkers and clients.
Class A CDL Driver Responsibilities:
- Transfers product and monitor storage tanks and related equipment to ensure that they are in good working order to prevent spills, releases, overfills and product contamination.
- Calculates levels in tanks using basic math and instruments.
- Communicates with other team members on tank lineups and gauges prior loading/offloading/transferring.
- Uses and understands instruments such as: flow meters, pressure gauges and scales.
- Troubleshoots basic pump operation: cavitation, seal leaks, vibration, etc. in order to maintain efficient equipment.
- Turns valves or initiates pumps to admit measured quantities of liquid from tanks/tank container/tankers into holding vessels or production vessels.
- Ensures closure of lids following loading and unloading
- Perform hose/fitting connections, handle product hoses and perform pre/post loading equipment inspections.
- Records measurements and calculates tank capacities on a regular basis.
- Monitor tank levels and transfer inventory in/out as needed.
- Operate powered equipment such as forklifts, tractor 48/53ft trailers.
- Utilizes all material handling equipment safely and efficiently, performs all required safety checks and communicates the need for repairs or maintenance.
- Ensures all documents, checklists, paperwork, and training are accurately completed on time.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Perform general warehouse duties.
Class A CDL Requirements:
- Class A CDL license required.
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsement required.
- 1+ years of Class A CDL Driver or similar experience
- Experience operating tanker/vacuum truck preferred