Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for an Electrical Apprentice for our client in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for assisting with installations, troubleshooting, repairs, and calibrations of electrical systems and equipment. This is a full time, temporary position with an expected schedule of Monday through Friday from 8AM-5PM.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly analytical, observant and has sound knowledge of safety protocols.
- Assist with the plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes!
- Assist master electrician with completing any other tasks assigned.
- 2+ years of Electrical Apprentice experience
- Apprentice License Required.
- Ability to read technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.