Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for a Temporary HR Assistant for our client, a hospital, located in the Edinburg, TX area. This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Department, such as handling pre-employment screenings, background checks and policy reviews, among other duties. This a full time, temporary position lasting up to 6 months, with an expected schedule of Monday through Friday from 8AM – 5PM.
The ideal candidate for this position is able to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality at all times, is adaptable, attentive and has great interpersonal skills.
HR Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist HR Director with coordinating policy and employee handbook reviews.
- Provide clerical support to HR Director by reading and routing all incoming mail, compose correspondence/memos, answer phones, takes messages, and assists with maintaining HR calendar/scheduling.
- Responsible for the overall planning, coordinating and implementation of all employee activities, functions, and/or events, as well as organizing hiring events.
- Assists with recruitment responsibilities such as, but not limited to, verification of education, past employment, travel accommodations, monitoring background verification website, and monitoring drug screen statuses for new hires, randoms and allied professionals, etc.
- Monitors monthly expense reports and assist with annual operating budget.
- Maintains files/records/documentations of all check requests, invoices, statements, special purchase requisitions, purchase orders, travel reimbursements, etc.
- Responsible for verification and corrections of employee clock ins and responsible for Time and Attendance reports.
- Will provide back up as needed for Front Office operations such as, new hire processing, badge issuance, training, and payroll preparation/distribution.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
HR Assistant Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree, Two Year Collage or Technical School
- 1+ year in HR Assistant or related experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, clients, customers, and/or the general public.