Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to assist our client in Kingsville, TX on a temporary basis. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. The Maintenance Technician will be making basic plumbing, electrical, and maintenance repairs. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday with hours from 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm depending on workload.
Maintenance Tech Responsibilities:
- Completes maintenance requests correctly, and in a timely manner to ensure resident satisfaction
- Ensures that all make ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to Supervisor prior to any expenditure of funds
- Performs minor routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment
- Changes locks, make ready keys, and ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
- Removes/transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to/or from apartments as circumstances warrant.
- Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliance, etc., to dumpster when necessary and keeps grounds neat and free of litter
- Identifies all utility meters shut - offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean outs and prepares map indication.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by Community Manager or Property Manager
Maintenance Tech Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in Apartment Maintenance
- Having own specialty tools is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be responsive and punctual