Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for a Medical Account Representative for our client in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for assisting the billing department, handling patient billing and medical insurance claims. This is an in office, full time, temp to hire position with an expected schedule of Monday – Friday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the medical field, a strong attention to detail, and be able to communicate effectively in person and on the phone.
Medical Account Representative Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison with medical insurance providers
- Collect payments.
- File insurance claims and appeals
- Keep organized records of claims, denials, and appeals.
- Negotiate collections successfully.
- Understand and investigate insurance denials.
- Set up payment plans.
- Explain insurance benefits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Medical Account Representative Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Medical Billing and Coding or similar experience
- Experience with medical insurance verification and denials