Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for an Ophthalmic Assistant for our client located in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for generating important preliminary information to be used by the ophthalmologist and/or Optometrist. This is a full time, temp to hire position with an expected schedule of Monday through Friday, from 10:00AM-5:00PM.
The ideal candidate for this position is meticulous, analytical, and highly reliable.
Ophthalmic Assistant Responsibilities:
- Reviews patient chart to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Performs testing required by type of exam scheduled, patient complaint and history
- Acts as scribe while physician examines patient recording data into electronic medical records or handwrites in paper chart, oversees patient flow
- Performs lensometry, refractometry, applanation tonometry, OCT diagnostics, A-scans, corneal topography, and other applicable tests.
- Administers topical ophthalmic or oral medications under the direction of the physician
- Assists with in-office surgical procedures ensuring proper informed consent is obtained, sets up and cleans up from surgical procedures
- Assists with patient education
- Prepares medical reports for referring physicians and other applicable third parties
- Completes insurance disability forms related to medical care performed by physicians
- Coordinates additional medical care (physician referrals) with other physician offices as required by attending ophthalmologist
- Submits medical records to primary care physicians as requested
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of exam rooms during the workday
Ophthalmic Assistant Requirements:
- 2+ years of previous ophthalmic experience
- Must have General Ophthalmology knowledge.
- Must be proficient with Word Processor
- Bilingual preferred