Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for an Optometric Office Assistant, who will be cross trained as an Optician Assistant, for our client in the Corpus Christi, TX area. The Optometric Office Assistant will schedule appointments, answer phones in a professional and timely manner, and ensure the office runs smoothly. This is a full time, temp to hire position, with hours expected to be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 AM-5:30 PM, and Wednesdays 10:00 AM-7 PM.
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn, strong customer service skills, and be a strong multi-taker.
Optometric Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Greet patients, answering questions and obtaining preliminary patient history.
- Perform administrative duties such as keeping records, scheduling appointments, filing insurance claims.
- Maintaining orders and answering incoming phone calls.
- Assist patients with checking in and out.
- Prepping exam rooms
- Cleaning and setting up equipment.
- Assist with vision exams.
- Perform depth and color perceptions test.
- Take visual acuity measurements.
- Pre-test patients
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Optometric Office Assistant Qualifications:
- Previous medical office experience
- Optometry experience is a plus.