Sterling Personnel is recruiting for a Paralegal for our client, a law firm, located in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for preparing closing documents, drafting bond documents and disclosure documents among other duties. This is a full time, temp to hire position with an expected schedule of Monday – Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM.
The ideal candidate for this position must be knowledgeable and well-rounded in Personal Injury, Probate, Family Law, Criminal and Civil Litigation.
- Performing initial case assessments and investigating claims
- Creating pleadings, including summons and affidavits
- Ensuring that copies of documentation are properly filed and distributed.
- Calendaring dates and monitoring all case deadlines
- Creating and organizing appendices, briefs, indexes
- Establishing a chronology of facts
- Locating and interviewing witnesses and preparing selected witnesses for trial.
- Researching aspects of the case for purposes of discovery, including requesting admissions and production, and factual legal research
- Drafting interrogatories, status reports, pleadings, discovery, and motions/orders
- Identifying and contacting experts who may help in a case.
- Attending hearings and trials in order to take notes, assist in jury selection, observe the jury, handle exhibits and many other tasks.
- Trial Preparation/Witness Preparation
- Paralegal Degree or Paralegal Certification required.
- Paralegal experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Must work independently and be highly reliable.