Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for a Procurement Specialist for our client located in the Portland, TX area. This position will be responsible for researching, reviewing, and negotiation orders with current and prospective vendors for goods and services. This is a full time, temp-to-hire position with an expected schedule of Monday – Friday from 8AM-5PM.
The ideal candidate for this position is able to work a flexible schedule, can make individual and team decisions, and can work under pressure meeting strict deadlines often.
- Locate, research and hold meeting with vendors to determine appropriate products and/or services.
- Engage, as required, legal and business management resources in resolving commercial issues in the negotiation and execution of procurement agreements.
- Ensure timely processing of requisitions and review/approve payment of invoices.
- Integrate with the maintenance, operations and engineering departments in planning key events such as major overhauls, turnarounds, schedule maintenance, capital and special project to insure availability of appropriate materials and labor.
- Create, issue, review and analyze bid proposals.
- Expedite the delivery of supplies, equipment, or materials to ensure on-time or early deliveries.
- Meet with contractors and suppliers to resolve routine and complex procurement-related issues.
- Collect and analyze information to prepare and summarize in report for upper management.
- Proficient in SAP program required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business-Related field
- 3+ years of experience as an industrial plant buyer preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.