Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for a Purchaser for our client, a manufacturing company, located in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for executing purchase orders, handling vendor issues, and interacting with Production, Material Control and occasionally Engineering departments. This is a full time, temp-to-hire position with an expected schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and analytical skills, with knowledge of purchasing practices, cost analysis and negotiation skills.
- Prepare purchase orders for procurement of products.
- Verifies specifications of purchase requests.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Writes purchase order and sends copy to supplier.
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Ability to load and unload trucks with forklift and overhead crane.
- Working with estimating and engineers to fulfill material bid for upcoming projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of Purchasing experience required.
- Experience working in manufacturing industry.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office