Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Recovery Coach for our client in Corpus Christi. The Recovery Coach will be responsible for guiding male patients with substance abuse problems and related mental health issues through the recovery process. In this role, the Recovery Coach may help patients determine their personal goals, recommend community programs, and provide advice to family members on how they can best provide support. They also provide support to clients as they perform daily self-care tasks as well as life management activities, such as budgeting. This is a full time, temp to hire position with an expected schedule of Monday-Friday with varying hours.
The ideal applicant has personal experience overcoming and recovering from substance abuse, allowing them to connect more deeply with people who are still struggling.
Recovery Coach Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake interviews.
- Help clients with life management tasks, such as planning and budgeting.
- Observe and document progress.
- Perform safety checks.
- Lead one-on-one and group sessions.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
Recovery Coach Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience as a Recovery Coach or Sponsor for male patients
- Personal substance abuse recovery experience or sustained abstinence preferred.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Recovery Coach certification a plus
- CPR and First Aid certification a plus
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills
- Communication skills