Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for a Vessel Designer for our client in the Corpus Christi, TX area. In this position the Vessel Designer will be responsible for developing detailed drawings for Vessels. This is an onsite, full-time position with hours expected to be Monday through Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a vessel designer and general fabrication draftsman, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have a strong attention to detail, and must be available for overtime and weekend work.
Vessel Designer Responsibilities:
- Design piping & pressure vessels
- Maintain design documents with technical support from project engineering and project management
- Generate detailed design plans utilizing AutoCAD and Code Ware COMPRESS vessel design software
- Acknowledge customer specifications and design guidelines
- Utilize independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables
- Check on damaged or broken equipment
- Assure the quality of products in the shop
Vessel Designer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with drafting and design of vessels, tanks, equipment, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD & Code Ware COMPRESS vessel design software
- Previous experience with custom fabrication and structural design