Sterling Personnel, Inc is recruiting for a Temporary Welder for our client, a shipyard, located in the Corpus Christi, TX area. This position will be responsible for welding together sticks, carbon steel, pipe, and plates. This is a full time, temporary position with an expected schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM with overtime hours.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Determine the required tools, materials, and welding methods.
- Weld together carbon steel, pipes, plates etc.
- Inspect and maintain supplies, materials, equipment, and tools.
- Prepare working materials by clamping, cutting, or applying chemical solution to metals.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth and functional.
- Work as a team with other crew members
- Utilize the proper safety gear and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of Welder experience required.
- MIG, TIG, Flux-Cored, and Stick welding experience
- Shipyard experience required.
- ABS certification preferred.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and plans.